So, here I am looking up some hammock stuff. More so, what people carry as a gear list for hammock camping. Which for some reason, leads to some "survivalin" stuff. Sure, because being a banana in a cocoon is my go o shelter for survivalin. I mean nothing says survival like being a bear taco.
So anyway..............
There I am. Trying to make sense of why I'm trying this hammock thing again. I find some survival kits being in lists of must have gear. I can see that. I mean there's a whole lot of cordage involved in setting up a hammock, so injury is a lot higher then using a tent.
Because at times I love to torment myself, I look up some of the brands mentioned, as well as some of the contents. I came across a few that had QR code cards you can scan you get instructions from the web on ow to use the items. WTF! Do you see it? The problem?
?
??
???
????
?????
??????
???????
????????
If you have internet on your phone you don't need a survival kit. You can call for help. I have to wonder how big of a selling point a QR code in a survival kit is.
I'm not advertising this sort of thing on my blog, channel, or forums!! So no names will be mentioned! However, you are free to look it up yourself.
You can't make this ^**^ up people!